BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Restore Files Newer Than Date

2011-06-07 19:54:54
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Restore Files Newer Than Date
From: Gene Cooper <gcooper AT sonoracomm DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:28:01 -0700
Hi,

I've been using BackupPC (3.1.0 currently) for a few years quite successfully. Many thanks to all developers and contributors!

How can I perform a restore of all files changed yesterday?

I had a server fail today, but there was a full backup done last night. It's many gigabytes over a WAN connection.

I had a separate local-disk backup system, which I refer to as Level 1, which I used to restore the server to 'the day before yesterday'. But I need to restore 'yesterday' from BackupPC over the WAN.

I've searched the archives and the wiki, and Googled.

I can't help but think there is some clever command line that will do this for me...

Thanks in advance,

Gene Cooper
Sonora Communications, Inc.
936 W. Prince Road