BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump hangs with: .: size doesn't match

2011-05-29 18:26:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump hangs with: .: size doesn't match
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen AT complete DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:23:54 +0000 (UTC)
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any chance the filesystem is corrupted?  Or you have some sparse
> file
> that becomes huge when you read through it?

I ran fsck on it, but moreover, there is nothing in dmesg to indicate a
corruption.  I don't believe so.  When the process is eating CPU, it isn't
making system calls.  That is, strace on it shows no calls happening, so I don't
believe it's a kernel-level problem.  I believe it's a BackupPC bug of some
sort.

-- John