BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump hangs with: .: size doesn't match

2011-05-27 21:49:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump hangs with: .: size doesn't match
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen AT complete DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 01:46:59 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome <at> real-time.com> writes:

> On 05/27 07:56 , John Goerzen wrote:
> > So far I have only observed the problem with the rsync backend; tar
> > seems to work.
>
> Pardon me if I didn't read and understand your problem sufficiently; but if
> you exclude the problematic files; will the backup run to completion?

I have yet to discover what they are.  The filesystem in question contains about
400,000.  It seems that the backup hangs after it finishes backing up the
filesystem too, which is particularly strange.  I am trying to separate it out
into separate jobs to gain some clues but the process of elimination may be long
and difficult with a data set that large.

-- John