BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] XFS BackupPC optimal mount options

2011-05-25 10:41:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] XFS BackupPC optimal mount options
From: Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago <mlorenzo AT andago DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:40:08 +0200 (CEST)
Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp AT gmail DOT com> wrote [8:58am -0500]

   SP >
http://everything2.com/title/Filesystem+performance+tweaking+with+XFS+on+Linux
   SP >
   SP > Basically when creating the xfs use :
   SP >
   SP > mkfs.xfs -l size=64m
   SP >
   SP > and when mounting use:
   SP >
   SP > mount -t xfs -o noatime,nodiratime,logbufs=8 <device> <mountPoint>
   SP >
   SP > in fstab:
   SP >
   SP > <device>           <mountPoint>            xfs
   SP > auto,noatime,nodiratime,logbufs=8 0 0

Thank you very much! Now I can start my new BackupPC environment.

--

Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago
System administrator

ÁNDAGO INGENIERÍA
Tlf: +34 916 011 373          Álcalde Ángel Arroyo, 10, 1º
Mvl: +34 637 741 034          28904, Getafe, Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +34 916 011 372               www.andago.com

Any girl can be glamorous; all you have to do is stand still and
look stupid.
          -- Hedy Lamarr