BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Schedule Example Request

2011-05-19 09:54:56
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Schedule Example Request
From: "Vitello" <vitello69 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:53:40 +0200

Hi,

I would ask if you can help me to make a good schedule .

The principles are:

-          A monthly full backup

-          12 month of stored full backup

-          A daily incremental backup

-          30 daily of stored incremental bkp

I’m able to set that parameter myself but what parameter for level, compression and other advanced option?

Obviously I want to keep as minimum hard-disk volume as possible.

I have 2 servers and five/six workstation. The two server follows the above rules, the workstation keep a full backup every 3 month and daily incremental.

I hope I’ve been clear.

Thx

Vitello