BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Need help setting up clients

2011-05-13 13:16:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Need help setting up clients
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 13:12:04 -0400
Brian Kinney <brian AT kbsinc DOT com> wrote on 05/13/2011 11:31:23 AM:

> Hello,

> Been running backuppc server for my linux domain servers for a
> couple years decided to add other workstations and platforms to the
> mix. Unfortunately I have little sucess getting it working on win7
> boxes and xp using cygwin. Also want to give users their own login
> credentials so they may see/restore data. Would like to make a easy
> to deploy cygwin package for winstations, fix random erros like share

> Need some help setting it up would be happy to pay via paypal or
> whatever suits you.

You don't mention what transfer method you want to use.  I would recommend rsyncd and DeltaCopy:  nice GUI wrapped around the rsync server, and most importantly, it sets up the service properly.  I've had problems getting bare rsync to work properly.

If you're looking for another transfer method (such as rsync over ssh), that probably won't help you.  What are you looking for, and why?

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com