BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Permission Issues

2011-05-02 18:28:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Permission Issues
From: "Abdul Khan" <khana AT psps DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 15:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

Pardon me for incomprehension on my part. Let me post the message I wanted to post earlier:

Hello BackupPC,

I am the administrator at our organization and we use your backup software for backing up our users and servers. There has been a recent issue with one of our sites. Hosts cannot be edited at the GUI-level and keeps generating the error “TextFileWrite: Failed to write /etc/backuppc/config.pl.new”

Is there a way that this can be rectified? I cannot even login to the Linux server as a root as it auto-disconnects when any attempts are made via ssh. Please help thanks.

Abdul

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6015 (20110404) __________

http://www.eset.com