BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Permission Issues

2011-05-02 18:54:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Permission Issues
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:52:32 -0500
> Hello BackupPC,
>

> I am the administrator at our organization and we use your backup software
> for backing up our users and servers. There has been a recent issue with
> one of our sites. Hosts cannot be edited at the GUI-level and keeps
> generating the error "TextFileWrite: Failed to write
> /etc/backuppc/config.pl.new"

> Is there a way that this can be rectified? I cannot even login to the
> Linux server as a root as it auto-disconnects when any attempts are made
> via ssh. Please help thanks.

Did this sort of thing work before?

It sounds like your filesystem is either full (too full even to allow ssh
connections) or your filesystem has been mounted read-only (corruption,
perhaps?)

At any rate, this implies that you have basic system issues to fix before
BackupPC will operate properly.

(You may need to log in locally -- not via ssh.)