BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] File size disappears after moving TopDir

2011-03-19 17:46:02
Subject: [BackupPC-users] File size disappears after moving TopDir
From: "Mark Edwards" <mark AT antsclimbtree DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 14:27:41 -0700

I moved my TopDir from a USB hard drive mounted at /var/lib/backuppc, to an NFS share mounted at /mnt/nfs/backuppc.  The share is mounted using autofs rather than fstab.

Backups work fine, and I am able to browse and restore files.  However, I now see the following in the web interface:

  • Pool is 0.00GB comprising 0 files and 2752 directories (as of 3/19 03:00),
  • Pool hashing gives 0 repeated files with longest chain 0,
  • Nightly cleanup removed 0 files of size 0.00GB (around 3/19 03:00),
  • Pool file system was recently at 47% (3/19 14:19), today's max is 47% (3/19 03:00) and yesterday's max was 47%.

In File Size/Count Reuse Summary, I see expected numbers under Totals, but Existing Files has no Size/MB values and New Files is completely blank.

The total size of the share folder on disk sure makes it looks like things are being compressed as expected – its about 22% of the total reported in File Size/Count Totals.

Any advice on how to set things right?  Thanks!