BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] host resolution problem

2011-03-19 16:22:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] host resolution problem
From: Gabriel Rossetti <mailing_lists AT evotex DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:02:32 +0100
Hello everyone,

I read up on how BackupPC finds hosts, in my case nmblookup works. The
problem is that when it tries to run the ssh command, it uses the host's
name and not the IP it finds with nmblookup, so ssh exits complaining it
can't find the host. How can I get BackupPC to use the IP found using
nmblookup? I thought it would automatically do this since it can't
resolve it directly, but I guess not.

Thanks,
Gabriel