BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] File size disappears after moving TopDir

2011-03-20 11:10:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] File size disappears after moving TopDir
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:08:14 -0500
On 3/20/11 12:32 AM, Mark Edwards wrote:

> So I know for sure it is a path issue somewhere - I can see errors in
>> the log that it is trying to to a linknewfile and referencing the
> /var/lib/backuppc and
>> getting permission denied because that directory does not exist anymore.
>> already defined $Conf ( TopDir ) , is there anything else / any where
> else?
>>

> This was just answered here:
> s-3/backuppc-21/cpool-pc-directories-and-backuppc-statistics-generation-1106
> 14/
>
> So, is this basically a pre-3.2.x bug?  The $Conf{TopDir} variable should be
> configuring this, right?  Why is Lib.pm failing to get this setting?

It is a choice the .rpm/.deb packagers made for you.  If you installed from the
sourceforge tarball, the install script would let you pick any location for
archive directory and make the necessary changes which (pre-3.1) involve more
than TopDir.

> I originally had my NFS mount point targeting /var/lib/backuppc, but this
> caused hangs on reboot because the system (Ubuntu 10.4) couldn't resolve the
> NFS share in /etc/fstab, which let me to using autofs.
>
> I just want to have my backuppc pool on an NFS mount.  Can someone suggest a
> working configuration?

Just make a symlink at /var/lib/backuppc pointing to the actual location.  But
you can only do this at the top level - the pc and pool/cpool directories still
have to be on the same filesystem for the links to work.