BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Imported local backups, now remote ones in wrong directory

2011-02-17 10:58:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Imported local backups, now remote ones in wrong directory
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:26:22 +0000
Hi Flavio,

> Now, what happened on my last duty is that I "imported" the data into
> the wrong directory level. To be explcit:
>
> I have it in
>
> /var/lib/backuppc/pc/customer10/0/fPublic/fPublic
>
> but it should be in
>
> /var/lib/backuppc/pc/customer10/0/fPublic
>
> So, what could I do now to avoid re-transferring the data?
> Could I simply mv the directory "one level up"?
> Or should I change some more?

Just from my thoughts:
You should be good moving it up one level. As "additional" files/
folders would be removed by any following backup this should not be an
issue.

Just one question for my own: what backup type doe you use? I have a
similar issue (slow WAN link)- can I just copy over the files to the
local directory and that's it? Is this your "import"?

Greetings

Christian