BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Imported local backups, now remote ones in wrong directory

2011-02-17 09:58:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Imported local backups, now remote ones in wrong directory
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:57:06 +0100
Hello list.
I'll try to explain my situation and what happened.

I'm doing remote backups of remote servers, but as one can imagine, the
*first* backup is not being done remotely: too many GBs of data would
take ages to come across the internet.
Thus I pick up the data from the remote server on an USB HDD and take it
to my backuppc site. Here I "import" those directories and files
"locally" and manually. When I subsequently start the remote backups, I
already have the correct data structure in backuppc server and thus it
works like a charm.

Now, what happened on my last duty is that I "imported" the data into
the wrong directory level. To be explcit:

I have it in

/var/lib/backuppc/pc/customer10/0/fPublic/fPublic

but it should be in

/var/lib/backuppc/pc/customer10/0/fPublic

So, what could I do now to avoid re-transferring the data?
Could I simply mv the directory "one level up"?
Or should I change some more?

Thanks for any advice...

Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL