BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Re-request: "finish all backups and stop".

2011-02-14 05:04:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Re-request: "finish all backups and stop".
From: Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:02:02 +0100
Hi,

This option would be very useful. As a workaround we have been using
successfully:

/etc/backuppc/config.pl:

do "/etc/backuppc/external-control.pl";

Our control script:

BACKUPPC_CTRL_CONF="/etc/backuppc/external-control.pl"
BACKUPPC_CTRL_DISABLE='$Conf{BackupsDisable} = 2;'
BACKUPPC_CTRL_ENABLE='$Conf{BackupsDisable} = 0;'
BACKUPPC_RELOAD_CMD="su backuppc -c
'/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg server reload'"

function disable_backup() {
        echo "Disabling  backuppc dump runs."
        echo "$BACKUPPC_CTRL_DISABLE" > $BACKUPPC_CTRL_CONF
        eval $BACKUPPC_RELOAD_CMD
}

function enable_backup() {
        echo "Enabling backuppc dump runs"
        echo "$BACKUPPC_CTRL_ENABLE" > $BACKUPPC_CTRL_CONF
        eval $BACKUPPC_RELOAD_CMD
}

Best regards,

Pavel.