BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Does anybody have a live CD with backuppc installed?

2011-02-12 02:43:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Does anybody have a live CD with backuppc installed?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 07:41:24 +0000
On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 00:09 +0000, John Rouillard wrote:
> I guess the subject kind of says most of it. We keep our backuppc data
> in an external drive bay. If our server should die, we are looking at
> a mechanism to boot another system from CD and access the backup
> array.
>
> Before I start working on this I thought I'd ask and see if anybody
> had one they would be willing to share, or could provide tips on how
> you did it if you can't share.

Download an Ubuntu 10.04 desktop CD. Once booted, you can "apt-get
install backuppc", and read your data.

Or take that CD an use the USB creator to make a USB boot disk with
persistent storage image. Boot the USB disk, install backuppc, and shut
down. Save for later.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence