BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] uncompress pool

2010-12-26 15:18:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] uncompress pool
From: Denis Jedig <dj AT syneticon DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 20:57:16 +0100
Hi list,

I am looking for a way of converting a compressed pool (cpool) to
an uncompressed pool (pool).

I know about BackupPC_compressPool, which does exactly the
reverse transition, however, currently we are stuck with a
compressed pool and would like to use block-level-deduplication
features (we have some database backups which tend to grow and
produce different files with mostly the same content at each
backup) of the underlying file system (zfs), which will not
perform well on compressed files.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Denis Jedig