BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Migrating backup machines

2010-12-15 10:47:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Migrating backup machines
From: "d.davolio AT mastertraining DOT it" <d.davolio AT mastertraining DOT it>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:26:07 +0100
OK, I know that it's an old topic :)
I checked the mailing list and wiki but still I can't find the right
"direction".
I just need migrate to a new Backupc server. I don't need to move the
pool because my data are on a NAS. My old backuppc server is a Linux
Debian etch. The new one is a Debian lenny that mount exactly the same
storage as the former backup server and the backuppc comes from standard
repository.
Seen that I don't want to loose my working pool and I cant duplicate it
(I don't have another NAS with 4TB free space), is it enough to copy the
configuration from one server to another? Which files?
Can someone point me to some documentation that I'm sure I missed?
Thanks!
Davo