BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool

2010-12-10 09:07:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem corruption: consistency of the pool
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:05:17 +0100
also sprach Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org> [2010.12.09.1538
+0100]:
>  > I did a test run of this tool and it took 12 days to run across the
>  > pool. I cannot take the backup machine offline for so long. Is it
>  > possible to run this while BackupPC runs in the background?
>
> It can run while backuppc is running though it will obviously miss
> some new files added by backuppc after you started running the
> program. My routine is non-destructive (it doesn't 'fix' anything) so
> it shouldn't conflict.

Oh, so how do I fix the problems it finds (there are plenty it
reports)?

> Or if you trust it to detect and fix it all in one step:
>    BackupPC_fixLinks.pl -f [> optional output file to capture all the
>    detections and status's]

Unfortunately, BackupPC_fixlinks.pl needs jLib.pm, which doesn't
seem to be in Debian's backuppc 3.1.0 :(

Btw, do you plan to track your very useful scripts in some sort of
VCS or integrate them with the BackupPC main source?

Thanks,

"auch der mutigste von uns hat nur selten den mut zu dem,
 was er eigentlich weiß."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net