BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Bizarre form of cpool corruption.

2010-12-06 14:41:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Bizarre form of cpool corruption.
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
To: BackupPC Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 11:39:44 -0800
On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 10:37:52AM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> So I'm writing a script to transfer a client from one host to
> another, using tarPCCopy, and I'm getting messages like this:
>
>   Can't find
> foo--tm50-e00145--tm50-s00339---shared/47/f%2f/fshared/ffoo/fpurchase_order_assets/fbatch_7813/f7105620_done.txt
>  in pool, will copy file
>
> which is fascinating because the first column in ls -l is *3*. -_-
>
> The tarPCCopy tar file therefore ends up becoming really large
> (hundreds of gibibytes) with files that already exist in the pool,
> presumably.
>
> I've tried running md5sum on that file; can't find that in the pool.
> I've tried BackupPC_zcat | md5sum; can't find that in the pool.

I see that that's not how BackupPC md5sums work.

> BackupPC_fixLinks, from the wiki, doesn't see the problem at all,
> which I'd *very* much like to fix.

I've locally modified my copy to check all files.  Trying it out
now.  I'd still like to know what the hell happened here.

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
Lojban (http://www.lojban.org/): The language in which "this parrot