BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] The 64$ question

2010-09-16 03:38:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] The 64$ question
From: Timothy Omer <Tim AT TwoIT.co DOT uk>
To: cejohnsonsr AT cableone DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:36:04 +0100
On 16 September 2010 05:51, Charles E Johnson Sr
<cejohnsonsr AT cableone DOT net> wrote:

> What is the URL to the web interface? I read through the docs, searched
> the archives & even tried Google, but didn't see it anywhere.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Ed

Charles, im very new to this but maybe able to help...

Did you for details for setting up Apache?
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#step_9__cgi_interface

My Apache httpd.conf has the following added...
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName <my domain name>
   DocumentRoot /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin
   ScriptAlias /backuppc/cgi-bin/ /usr/share/BackupPC/bin
   Alias /backuppc /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin

   ErrorLog /home/www/logs/<my domain name>.err
   CustomLog /home/www/logs/<my domain name>.log common
</VirtualHost>

And, in httpd/conf.d dir I have a file called BackupPC.conf...
<Directory       /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/>
# BackupPC requires valid authentication in order for the web interface to
# function properly.  One can view the web interface without authentication
# though all functionality is disabled.
#
# htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users yourusername

order deny,allow
allow from all
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /etc/BackupPC/apache.users   <---- you need to make this
file & add users who should have access with htpasswd
AuthName "BackupPC

require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias           /BackupPC/images        /usr/share/BackupPC/html/
ScriptAlias     /BackupPC               /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/BackupPC_Admin

fyi - im running CentOS 5 and installed from YUM