BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Uncompressed pool & compressed pool size with compresslevel 3

2010-09-05 14:34:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Uncompressed pool & compressed pool size with compresslevel 3
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 19:31:58 +0100
On Sunday 05 Sep 2010 12:18:09 Albert Ulmer wrote:
> I have the same problem with the graphs on the main page not being shown
> after having upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0. The upgrade was done by
> upgrading a Ubuntu Server 8.04LTS to 10.04LTS. I have reinstalled from
> scratch only porting the config files and the problem indeed persists.
>
> Any hints on fixing this or tracking the problem down would be very
> welcome!

When you upgraded from scratch, did you change CPU architectures? IE, from
i386 to amd64? If so, you've just learned that rrdtool produces CPU-specific
files.

Copy /var/lib/backuppc/log/pool.rrd to a server of the same architecture as
your old server. Run:

rrdtool dump pool.rrd > pool.xml

Then copy pool.xml back to your new server and run:

rrdtool restore -f pool.xml /var/lib/backuppc/log/pool.rrd
chown backuppc:backuppc /var/lib/backuppc/log/pool.rrd
chmod 640 /var/lib/backuppc/log/pool.rrd

Regards,
Tyler

--
"... that your voice is amplified to the degree where it reaches from
one end of the country to the other does not confer upon you greater