BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BlackoutPeriods how to disable backup during a fixed period

2010-05-20 08:48:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BlackoutPeriods how to disable backup during a fixed period
From: Sylvain Viart - Gmail <sylvain.viart AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:17:46 +0200
Hi,

I posted sometime ago a thread: "backup of backuppc and schedule"

The goal was to backup some backuppc server. A secondary backup level.

We stopped thinking that way, trying to use backuppc, too complicated
and difficult to maintain.
Now I simply rsync the full backuppc primary tree to the secondary
server, including config an all.

That way I can swap to a copy instance on my secondary backup server.
for 230Gb backupp the initial rsync took ~53h and the next diff only ~3h

What I need now is to stop the backup schedule on the primary.

$Conf{BlackoutGoodCnt} + $Conf{BlackoutPeriods} seems to do the trick,
or $Conf{BackupsDisable} = 2 + reload

I would prefer not to use BackupsDisable.
Using BlackoutGoodCnt seems dependant of $Conf{BlackoutBadPingLimit} and
its become tricky

Do you have a nice example?

What I would like is to disable totally the backup on my primary
backuppc while the rsync run.
And better sometime before, so I know that nothing is beeing backup
during the rsync.

Redgards,
Sylvain.

--