BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Syntax for excluding .gvfs

2010-05-12 09:59:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Syntax for excluding .gvfs
From: Michael Kuss <michael.w.kuss AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:32:03 +0200

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Steve Blackwell <zephod AT cfl.rr DOT com> wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2010 17:38:46 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod AT cfl.rr DOT com> wrote:

> I'm running F11 and I keep getting an error on my backups. I've
> tracked this down to a file, .gvfs, in users home directories. From
> the log file:
>
> /bin/tar: ./.gvfs: Cannot stat: Permission denied
>
> I use the web interface to edit the configuration but I cannot find
> the correct syntax to exclude these files. The TarShareName is / and
> I've tried the following for BackupFilesExclude
>
> .gvfs
> *.gvfs
> /home/*/.gvfs
>
> none of which work. How have others overcome this? And, yes, I do have
> the Override box checked.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

I still don't have a solution for this and because of it all my backups
fail. Now I think my HD may be on its way out becaus of errors I'm
seeing in logwatch:
 /dev/sdb :
   Prefailure: Seek_Error_Rate (7) changed to
     200, 100, 200, 100,

Well, if you desperately need a full backup now ... just forget about excluding .gvfs for now and launch a backup.  You will get an error message for each .gfvs directory, but the backup will complete.  Once that is done, continue with your trials.  I can't help, it have to confess that I don't care (probably wrong).  I just know that each backup of a particular machine should show two errors.

Michael