BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] problem in setting up BackupPC on Fedora 12

2010-05-07 13:49:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] problem in setting up BackupPC on Fedora 12
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:47:12 -0500
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:24 AM, GUSNSW <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT
com> wrote:

> I am trying to get going BackupPC on a fedora 12 64 bit machine as the server.
> I have got Apache running asn can see the test page. I can log on to the
> BackupPC web page at http://127.0.0.1/BackupPC
> but that is about as far as it goes.
>
> The web page does not have anything on it that I can configure, or get any
> useful information on. There are a number of menu item missing
> Admin options, LOG file. Old Logs, Email summary, Config file, Host file,
> Current queues are all missing.
>
> This according to the articel I have showing a BackupPC web page sceen.
>
> I have edited the /etc/hosts file to include the localhost and the
> backupserver IP address. I have also added these to the /etc/BackupPc/hosts
> file.
>
> The web page that is displayed not only has the missing menu items but the
> colour of th highlighted menu item is blue not green as in the typical
> pictures I have.
>
> I have tried to use the article Back Up linux and Windows systems with
> backupPC from howtoforge as the basis. As I indicated I can get teh web page
> up but can not do anything. Clearly I have missed something.
>
> Can anyone assist me to get this going. Is there a definative article
> somewhere that sets up BackupPC on Fedora 12?

I ran into this after upgrading to F12 from F10 (clean install). I
scoured the internet for hours over a couple of days before I finally
figured out that I had not set the admin user in config.pl. Setting up
the apache portion just handles web security, you still have to set
what user(s) get admin access to BackupPC separately.

I hope this is all that's wrong with yours! Good luck.

Richard