BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] problem in setting up BackupPC on Fedora 12

2010-05-07 12:41:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] problem in setting up BackupPC on Fedora 12
From: GUSNSW <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 06:24:15 -0400
I am trying to get going BackupPC on a fedora 12 64 bit machine as the server.
I have got Apache running asn can see the test page. I can log on to the
BackupPC web page at http://127.0.0.1/BackupPC
but that is about as far as it goes.

The web page does not have anything on it that I can configure, or get any
useful information on. There are a number of menu item missing
Admin options, LOG file. Old Logs, Email summary, Config file, Host file,
Current queues are all missing.

This according to the articel I have showing a BackupPC web page sceen.

I have edited the /etc/hosts file to include the localhost and the backupserver
IP address. I have also added these to the /etc/BackupPc/hosts file.

The web page that is displayed not only has the missing menu items but the
colour of th highlighted menu item is blue not green as in the typical pictures
I have.

I have tried to use the article Back Up linux and Windows systems with backupPC
from howtoforge as the basis. As I indicated I can get teh web page up but can
not do anything. Clearly I have missed something.

Can anyone assist me to get this going. Is there a definative article somewhere
that sets up BackupPC on Fedora 12?

Have tried disabling the fire wall and SElinux with no change.

Below is the basic procedure I followed to get the the point in the original
post.

checked the:
/etc/httpd/cond.f/BackupPC
changed allow 127.0.0.1 to allow 127.0.0.1 192.xxx.xxx.1/24

set the password for apache users
#htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users backuppc
password xxxxxx

added to DNS the machines
192.xxx.xxx.xxx backup Backup server
192.xxx.xxx.xxx...Home machine to be backed up

edited the
/etc/BackupPC/hosts
Home 0 XYZ also tried

192.xxx.xxx.xxx. 0 XYZ

left /etc/BackupPC/config.pl as standard with a view to modifing it later to
account of he foldrs to be backed up.

# /etc/init.d/BackupPC restart
# service BackupPC start
#service httpd restart

Checked the services to make sure these are running.

Set up httpd to start each time
chkconfig httpd on

If I do a
nmblookup -A 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. (either of the IP address above)
I get a message to say
no reply from 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

I can ping the IP addresses ok.

I clearly have missed some thing. Do I have to change permissions some here,
change something in the /etc/BackupPC/config.pl file. Anything the the users
and grups to change?

Would be greatful if I could be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance