BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] complete never work (Can't fork after DumpPostUserCmd)

2010-05-07 12:41:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] complete never work (Can't fork after DumpPostUserCmd)
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:39:43 +0100
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM, zorg <zorg AT probesys DOT com> wrote:
> Hi
> I don't understand
> if I backupc only /etc with same DumpPostUserCmd it work
>
> if i backuppc  /etc + all the mail ( 1793402 files) the rsync seem to
> end well but the DumpPostUserCmd show an error
> here is the log
>
> Done: 1793402 files, 160249383188 bytes
> Executing DumpPostUserCmd: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root server1
> /usr/sbin/backup_stop
> cmdSystemOrEval: about to system /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root server1
> /usr/sbin/backup_stop
> Can't fork at /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1313.
>

> to explain a little bit  my mail  are backupc using lvm snapshot and
> the  DumpPostUserCmd just umount the snapshot and delete.
> I wonder maybe it my DumpPostUserCmd which go to fast  rellay don't know
>
> It only happen with full backup
>
> thanks for your answer

So you also do a lvm snapshot to backup only /etc? And you backup /etc
from the snapshot?

Just tring to think what are the differences.

Incrementals work fine, no error? Weird.

Could it help if you post your backup_stop script?

Have you looked at /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1313?
What is your backuppc version?

Regards
Luis