BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble with backup of client using rsync and visudo

2010-03-22 19:36:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble with backup of client using rsync and visudo
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:34:43 +0000
Hi Ken
Check Les message to see what may be happening

And be logic. Before anything else you must be able to log as backuppc user on server and issue
$ ssh <client1>
and get logged to your client without any question.

Regards

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Luis Paulo wrote:

> I'll focus on the message:
> Got remote protocol 1881173838
> Fatal error (bad version): No protocol specified
>
> I usually get something like
>
> Got remote protocol 30
> Negotiated protocol version 28
>
> But I don't know what it can mean. Maybe someone else can help.

That usually means something printed text to the connection before or instead of
starting rsync.  Are you sure it isn't asking for a password or displaying the
condescending sudo message (or a message of the day) as the connection starts?