BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to use ssh-agent on a server without X?

2010-03-16 21:15:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to use ssh-agent on a server without X?
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 01:14:18 +0000
I now use ssh with phraseless keys to do my backups on a server without X.

As I remember, when I had backuppc server on a machine with X, it was quite easy to make the gnome-agent send the key. The only thing was the need to insert a key on boot, what could be a problem on a power event.

I have tryed, but I never was able to do that with ssh-agent.

I'll tell you exactly what I am doing in following posts, but can anyone give some help for starters?

Thanks
Luis