BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with key generation in Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS)

2010-03-16 17:32:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with key generation in Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS)
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:31:10 +0000
Thanks, Carl

I'll have to look a little better to it.
I kind of undestand the no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding part, the rsync command, the key (not sure about what is dss), and at the end the backuppc server name, I think

I'm looking again to the sshd man, and I'll try it

Note: This may seem a bit off topic, but we are still talking about ssh and key generation on BackupPC, now mostly about security options, right?

Regards
Luis

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com> wrote:
On 03/16 02:18 , Luis Paulo wrote:
> I don't know how to restrict with ssh what commands backuppc user can run as
> root, that's why I use visudo/sudoers

Here's an example authorized_keys file with restrictions on what command may be
run. This is how I invoke sudo; by putting this in the .ssh directory of a
new user called 'rsyncbakup' or the like. Note that this all needs to be on
one line, with no line breaks; and of course the actual key has been
clobbered with 'A's.

no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,command="sudo /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender -logDtpr --exclude='/proc' --exclude='/mnt' --exclude='/sys' --exclude='/tmp' --exclude='/var/tmp' --exclude='/var/cache/apt/archives' --exclude='/var/spool/exim' --exclude='/var/log/' --delete --numeric-ids --block-size=2048 . /" ssh-dss AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA user AT example DOT tld

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator