BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-15 07:39:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:36:36 +0100

Nothing I could find. 8-/

>Can you mount the CIFS resource manually?  You need to make sure this
>works first, before you try and convince autofs to automount it for
>you:
>
>  mkdir -p /windows/starforge
>  mount.cifs //starforge/c$ /windows/starforge \
>    -o ro,credentials=/etc/.autofs.smbpasswd

I used

#mount starforge -fstype=cifs,ro,credentials=/etc/.autofs.smbpasswd
://starforge/E\$

And got no error message. Entering

#mount ;gives me
starforge on ://starforge/E$ type
ype=cifs,ro,credentials=/etc/.autofs.smbpasswd (rw)

All is well so far I think.

Cd'ing to /windows/Starforge gives me "-bash: cd: /windows/starforge/: No such
file or directory". 8-/

>Possible problems:
>  - starforge is not resolvable
>  - credentials in /etc/.autofs.smbpasswd are incorrect. Do you need
>    the AD domain appended to the username?
>  - supplied credentials do not have permission to access
>    //starforge/c$

Pinging Starforge by name works, I added it all to the hosts-file, ie the
trivial windows name, FQDN and ip too.

In /etc/.autofs.smbpasswd I have the credentials set to User Name =
domainname/username. The account in question is a domain admin account, and as
such should have access to all of the E-drive on the Win-machine.

I'll try setting the cred's as username@domainname instead and see if there's
any difference.
--
/Sorin