BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-11 08:10:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:08:09 +0100
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a backup for a Windows host following the instructions
on
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC#head-9b279fb9534c6455ddadfd01dd91dddd
2260b4cf. The particular place I'm getting stuck at is the part where you're
supposed to cd /windows/machinename. That doesn't work; I get an error "
-bash: cd: /windows/starforge/: No such file or directory".

At the second step where trying to mount the machine to the folder, I get
"unexpected token '('". When I remove the parentheses around "ro,man" and
run the mount command again, I get the mount help screen.
        I've never seen the word "on" on a mount command. Should it really
be there?

I've tried to google this and sort out the problem, but have so far come up
with nothing. The machine in question is a domain-connected server. Could
there be a problem there, in that the BPC-machine can't connect to a
domain-computer?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
BW,
        Sorin