BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Time Machine-like backup schedule for BackupPC

2010-03-01 16:20:37
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Time Machine-like backup schedule for BackupPC
From: anethema <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:18:56 -0500

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Pool matching is done based on the file content, not the name.  Backuppc
> won't know what you mean by 'corrupted', but if the content is
> different, it becomes a different pool entry, not linked to existing
> ones with different content.

Yeah I was just worried that if you end up with some FAT/HDD issues on your
backup drive, and it corrups one file in the pool, it will corrupt it for every
single full or incremental backup that you have, requiring the next backup to
fix it.

So the only difference between incremental and full is the method of veryfing
if the data has changed? On the backup drive they end up identical anyways
(except a full is like a filled incremental) ?