BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Time Machine-like backup schedule for BackupPC

2010-03-01 14:18:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Time Machine-like backup schedule for BackupPC
From: anethema <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:16:14 -0500
Thanks that does help.
One more question..

Since I'm using rsync for all my hosts, the pool supposedly consolidates all
data even if doing a full backup.

Is there then any difference in a full backup or a filled incremental in terms
of hard drive usage or transfer bandwidth needed? Or does it just transfer the
difference and then create a full backup with a full backup's hard drive space
etc.

Also if the data is corrupted on one of the fulls and it is using the pool to
save space, if it is just consolidating in the pool won't that corrupt all my
full backups?

Thanks for your help again!
Thanks!