BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC server on OS X

2009-11-13 07:33:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC server on OS X
From: Nick Smith <nick.smith79 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:24:51 -0500
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Thomas von Eyben
<thomasvoneyben AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>>> HI List,
>>>
>>> Just once more my question
>>> "Is anyone on the list actually running BackupPC on OS X?"
>>>
>>> As described below I am having some difficulties in getting the perl
>>> environment satisfactory for using BackupPC and therefore I would like
>>> to hear from other that is using OS X to host the BackupPC server and
>>> - hopfully - get some good advice.

Did you ever get backuppc working on OS X?

Im actually trying to set it up now on snow leopard (not server)

Ive installed macports and updated it, but when i try to install
backuppc i get this error:

bash-3.2# port install backuppc
--->  Computing dependencies for backuppcError: Dependency
'p5-compress-zlib' not found.

How did you get past this issue?

Is it even possible to run backuppc server on a mac?

I wonder why they would have this port in macports and not have all
the deps in place for it.

Thanks for any help you can give.