BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Initiate backup from client?

2009-11-12 03:26:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Initiate backup from client?
From: Meel Me <meel2007 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:23:35 -0800 (PST)
Hello Tyler,

Thanks for your quick reply!

You offer a good solution for people who connect to the Local Area Network one a month or so.
But I will never connect to the Local Area Network. And when I'm abroad for months, I'll (almost) always connect to the internet from behind a firewall. So the BackupPC server can never connect to my laptop, because:
* The BackupPC server doesn't know the ip-address of my laptop.
* Even if the BackupPC server would know my ip-address, then the request of the BackupPC server would be blocked by the firewall.

That's why I want to set up the connection (over the internet) from my laptop to the BackupPC server.

Do you know another solution?

Thanks,

Wim