BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup via rsyncd is very slow

2009-09-21 11:24:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup via rsyncd is very slow
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:20:54 -0500
FWIW, I've found that different builds of rsync/d and Cygwin differ
*dramatically* in their performance on Windows.

By dramatically, I mean after switching out my rsync binaries, a
representative full backup went from 220 minutes to 95, and a
representative incremental backup went from 200 minutes to 7.  Yes, seven
minutes, and the only thing that changed was the rsync binary on the
Windows system.