BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] One server takes too long to backup

2009-09-11 13:28:35
Subject: [BackupPC-users] One server takes too long to backup
From: "Jeremy Mann" <jeremy AT biochem.uthscsa DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:24:28 -0500 (CDT)
After 2 days of testing, if I leave off one server, BackupPC works as
advertised and does its job well. I'm currently backing up 28 servers and
finally it finishes overnight minus this one server. If enable this
server, the backups slow to a crawl and barely completely in 1 day.

So this got me thinking, this one server has a directory that is 850GB. It
consists of user $HOME directories and program directories, so its a
mixture of small and large files.

In the configuration I have 1 entry for this directory, which is /export.
I'm curious if should redo the configuration file and add a line for each
subdirectory. Would this speed it up?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy AT biochem.uthscsa DOT edu