BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Looking for Hardware Recommendations

2009-09-10 18:31:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Looking for Hardware Recommendations
From: Mark Phillips <mark AT phillipsmarketing DOT biz>
To: Backuppc Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:20:14 -0700
I am setting up an external backup drive for some Linux/Mac/Windows computers on a small network plus two remote computers over the 'net. I have a P4 running Debian, and I need to install a PCI2.2 compliant card with one or two external Sata ports for one/two external Sata 2 drives in the 1TB+ range. I am looking for recommendations for:

1. a Linux compatible Sata 2 drive controller with external ports for 1 or 2 drives
2. external Sata 2 drives
3. sources for purchasing these drives and card

I have bought from Newegg.com in the past and have found they have pretty good prices. I am always on the lookout for new places to shop!

Thanks

Mark