BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.1.0 configuration problem

2009-09-10 14:09:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.1.0 configuration problem
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:02:46 -0400
James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com> wrote on 09/10/2009 12:08:44 PM:

> Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone would get that right without help.  :-)

It is impossible to use correctly.  Unfortunately, there's two layers of
information needed (share name and excluded paths), and both of them allow
arbitrary numbers of options.  That's difficult to pull off in a single
web page.

I'm sure suggestions with at least HTML mockups would be welcome!  :)

Fortunately, it's usually a mistake you only make once.  Cumbersome, but
once you've done it it makes more sense.

Tim Massey