BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.1.0 configuration problem

2009-09-08 11:19:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.1.0 configuration problem
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:15:57 -0500
> I recently converted all my BackupPC servers to 3.1.0 and even more
> recently configured one of them to back up 5 brand new clients.  The
> problem is, BackupPC is not using the Override setting on
> BackupFilesExclude and is therefore failing trying to rsync several
> terabytes of Isilon network fileservers mounted on each of the 5
> machines.  I've reloaded the config from Admin Options.  What else do
> I need to do to get BackupPC to exclude those network filesystems?
>
> Ward... James Ward
> Tekco Management Group, LLC
> jeward AT torzo DOT com
> 520-290-0190x268
> ICQ: 201663408

All kinds of things may have gone wrong, if you've verified in the logs
that the excludes aren't being sent at all, I'd suspect something wonky in
your config files ... note that if you have $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} set
that it takes precedence over $Conf{BackupFilesExclude}, so this might be
my first guess.

If the setting appears in the individual configuration file at all, it's
overriding the main config.