BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Traffic on this mailing list

2009-09-04 03:04:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Traffic on this mailing list
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 09:01:07 +0200
The traffic on this list is becoming overwhelming. As an average user, I
like this list: it keeps me informed, occasionally I can ask a question
or reply to a topic where I have active experience.

As the list is behaving right now, the only way to avoid excessive loss
of time is to do a very rapid scan of the subjects and throw the lot
into the trash (which becomes unfeasibe when you are away for a couple
of days and the mess on your return has become a MESS).

Suggestion:
  - if this kind of multi-message exchange is necessary, split the list
into 2 parts - one for people who have time to play that game, and one
for people who dont,
  - variant: create a list where periodic summaries are published and
where discussion is restrained to comments on the summary,
  - find measures (no suggestions) to improve the discipline on the list.

I will not reply to any comments to this note: I will be away for a
couple of days and will now un-subscribe.