BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with hardlink-based backups...

2009-09-01 00:58:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with hardlink-based backups...
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 00:56:01 -0400
Michael Stowe wrote at about 22:53:02 -0500 on Monday, August 31, 2009:

 > Three small points:
 >
 > 1) LVM is de rigeur for any substantial Linux-based filesystem

Not all Linux installations support LVM - oh yeah, I forgot, you
consider a consumer-NAS to be a "fringe" case.

 > 2) You don't have to move it anywhere, you can just start a new repository
 > elsewhere

What if you want to move your old data?

 > 3) My filesystem isn't dedicated by any means, and I can't think of a good
 > reason to do so

So please enlighten  me on how you back up your BackupPC pool without
copying everything else on the filesystem.

But I agree - if you never want to just copy or move your old Backuppc
data (including all your old data and without copying everything else
on the partition) then there is no problem - but then again that was
the whole point of this thread!!

But if you want to change the question to I have no need to move or
copy my Backuppc pool then obviously you have no need for any of the
solutions discussed.