BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with hardlink-based backups...

2009-08-31 23:31:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with hardlink-based backups...
From: Jim Leonard <trixter AT oldskool DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:58:42 -0500
Peter Walter wrote:

> Perhaps - but a very close second. Backuppc is very stable and robust.
> But, disasters do happen. I have had my grits saved at least twice by
> having a remote backup of the backup server (remember Katrina and New
> Orleans?)  and I am very nervous about using a backup technology that
> cannot be replicated properly without physical access.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a DR plan for your backup system.
However, expecting/requiring the backup system to work across all
implementations is unrealistic.  Each site is different, hence each DR
plan must be created by that site, not by the software that site uses.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter AT oldskool DOT org)            http://www.oldskool.org/