BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] spot-checking backups and rsync on cygwin

2009-08-19 05:41:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] spot-checking backups and rsync on cygwin
From: "Nigel Kendrick" <support-lists AT petdoctors.co DOT uk>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:38:07 +0100
Cheers Adam,

All our sites use hardware VPNs between Draytek routers so that load's taken
care of.

Looks like scheduling's the key here so as you say it's a case of try it and
see.

With reference to the possible cygwin/rsync file size limit, I am looking at
a command-line file splitter that would be useful if needed - I found this
one and thought I'd share because it seems to have a ton of useful other
functions in a single executable:

Swiss File Knife

"Windows+Linux file tree processor, binary grep, tree size list, instant ftp
server, line filter, text replace, dupfind, join files, md5 lists, run
command on all files, extract strings, detab, patch, tail, hexdump. no
installation, ideal for usb stick."

http://sourceforge.net/projects/swissfileknife/

Nigel