BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to run 2 instances?

2009-08-12 13:20:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to run 2 instances?
From: Jim & Karen Ostrosky <jkco AT zoominternet DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:55:29 -0400
Here is the scenario I want to set up:

instance #1: "normal" - backup of user PC's and some of localhost to
local server.  Running now, very happy.
instance #2: What I want.  use sshfs to mount a remote drive (presumably
through $conf{DumpPreUserCmd} ??), use BackupPC to backup specific files
from localhost to this remote drive

userpcs -> backuppc (local)
           backuppc (local) -> remote drive mounted via sshfs

Previously I was using Dirvish to accomplish instance #2 via an rsync
pull, but that machine is no longer available (and the USB drive failed
too.)
All i can do is a push to the remote drive; that server cannot run any
server software.

Is this feasible to accomplish?  I've looked briefly at the source code,
and the code that checks the PID writes the PID & status to very defined
places.  Wasn't sure how to go about changing things without breaking
them (not a perl guy - yet.)

thanks

Jim Ostrosky