BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not deleting Backups according to FullKeepCnt

2009-07-24 04:43:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not deleting Backups according to FullKeepCnt
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:39:26 +0200
Christian Bock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to an existing BackupPC server. It was set up a long time ago
> and worked fine but the machine died. So the config Files were moved to
> a new server where BackupPC was installed via RPM on ubuntu.
>
> Backups are working fine, but old Backups won't get removed, so the HDD
> is running out of space very quickly. I found a script to remove single
> backups by hand, but I want it to be done automatically.
>
> I know that I didn't provide a lot info so far, but if you know where to
> srart searching for the problem, I'd be greatful if you pointed me there
> and/or ask for additional info
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Christian Bock

You should provide us with your configuration. Especially:
$Conf{FullPeriod}
$Conf{IncrPeriod}
$Conf{FullKeepCnt}
$Conf{FullKeepCntMin}
$Conf{FullAgeMax}
$Conf{IncrKeepCnt}
$Conf{IncrKeepCntMin}
$Conf{IncrAgeMax}
$Conf{IncrLevels}

Furthermore please send us information of already stored backups of the
relevant host. Please provide backup-date, backup-number and backup-type.

br
Matthias
--
Don't Panic