BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude from backup

2009-06-26 11:53:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude from backup
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Vladislav Tchernev <vladislav.tchernev AT broadsign DOT com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:49:03 +0200
Hi,

Vladislav Tchernev wrote on 2009-06-26 11:00:08 -0400 [[BackupPC-users] Exclude
from backup]:
> [...] What I have tried to do is to exclude /proc but it seems I
> can't manage to get rid of it since the error log keeps complining about it.
> Bellow are some settings (I ended setting thouse directly in the config.pl) I
> have tried.
>
> [...]
> $Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
>   '--numeric-ids',
>   '--perms',
>   '--owner',
>   '--group',
>   '-D',
>   '--links',
>   '--hard-links',
>   '--times',
>   '--block-size=2048',
>   '--recursive',
>   '--exclude="/proc"'

> $Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
>   '--numeric-ids',
>   '--perms',
>   '--owner',
>   '--group',
>   '-D',
>   '--links',
>   '--hard-links',
>   '--times',
>   '--block-size=2048',
>   '--recursive',
>   '--exclude', '/proc'

I'm not sure why those shouldn't work (presuming you are using XferMethod
rsync or rsyncd, that is!), but it's not the intended way.

> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   '/proc' => ['/*']
> };

Try

        $Conf {BackupFilesExclude} = {
        };

(presuming your ShareName really is '/', which is probably the case but may
not be if you are using rsyncd or are trying to exclude a proc filesystem
mounted in a chroot environment, for example). If you need more detailed
information, please tell us which XferMethod and which ShareName(s) you are
using. Have you perhaps got proc mounted more than once?

Regards,
Holger