BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude from backup

2009-06-26 11:41:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude from backup
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 01:34:41 +1000

Vladislav Tchernev wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am new to backuppc and was trying to figure out how to exclude dir/files
> from a backup. I have played around with the GUI, setting
> Xfer->BackupFilesExclude  and  Xfer->RsyncArgs (--exclude="..."),  as
well as
> directly editing the conf files (the global and the host specific ones)
but
> without success. What I have tried to do is to exclude /proc but it
seems I
> can't manage to get rid of it since the error log keeps complining
about it.
> Bellow are some settings (I ended setting thouse directly in the
config.pl) I
> have tried.
>
> FYI: Am using backuppc-3.1.0-3 on Ubuntu 8.10
>
> Thanks for your helps!
> Vlad

> $Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
>   '--numeric-ids',
>   '--perms',
>   '--owner',
>   '--group',
>   '-D',
>   '--links',
>   '--hard-links',
>   '--times',
>   '--block-size=2048',
>   '--recursive',
>   '--exclude="/proc"'
Check the man page, but I use the flag like --one-file-system so that
it won't backup any mounted dir...

> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   '/proc' => ['/*']
> };
Try:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
};

The syntax says where I put the * you should specify the sharename, or
* to match all.
Where I put /proc is a list of path names to exclude.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Adam