BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Exclude from backup

2009-06-26 11:09:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Exclude from backup
From: Vladislav Tchernev <vladislav.tchernev AT broadsign DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:00:08 -0400
Hi All,
I am new to backuppc and was trying to figure out how to exclude dir/files
from a backup. I have played around with the GUI, setting
Xfer->BackupFilesExclude  and  Xfer->RsyncArgs (--exclude="..."),  as well as
directly editing the conf files (the global and the host specific ones) but
without success. What I have tried to do is to exclude /proc but it seems I
can't manage to get rid of it since the error log keeps complining about it.
Bellow are some settings (I ended setting thouse directly in the config.pl) I
have tried.

FYI: Am using backuppc-3.1.0-3 on Ubuntu 8.10

Thanks for your helps!
Vlad

$Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
  '--numeric-ids',