BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can't browse bad directory name

2009-06-18 06:14:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can't browse bad directory name
From: Pieter Wuille <sipa AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:09:38 +0200
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:30:18AM +0200, Chris Picton wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 18:34 +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:
>
> > Chris Picton wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I am trying to perform a restore of some important data, but have hit a
> > > snag.
> > >
> > > Through the web interface, I can browse all directories except one.
> > >
> > > In the list, this directory does not have a backup number next to it:
> > >
> > >  Apps      dir 0755 103 0 2009-03-27 20:34:
> > >  Documents dir 0755     0 2009-06-13 18:58:33
> > >

> > > If I create a tarball using BackupPC_tarCreate, that subdirectory is not
> > > in the tar.
> > >
> > > However, on the filesystem, the directory is there in each of the
> > > full/incremental folders, and have files in them eg:
> > >
> [snip]
> > >
> > > How can I either:
> > > Rebuild the backuppc index so it can see these files
> > > or
> > > Copy these files to a restore location?

[snip]
> I have just noticed that the directory exists in all backups except the
> most recent incremental:
> find . -type d -name "fBel's Documents"
> ./93/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
> ./98/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
> ./102/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
> ./100/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
> ./101/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
> ./97/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
> ./99/fb$/fMy Documents/fDocuments
>
> 103 is my latest incremental backup...

In that case the directory either didn't exist anymore in the original at the
time backup #103 was made, or something is very wrong. What backup# are you
browsing / trying to do a restore from? #103 or #102?

I've never seen the backup number missing in the web interface browser, so
i assume something must be wrong. You might try using my fuse filesystem
for backuppc (https://svn.ulyssis.org/repos/sipa/backuppc-fuse/backuppcfs.pl),
but i doubt it will work if the webinterface doesn't.

--
Pieter